Monday, December 19, 2016

2016 Report to People and Planet


As has become my practice at year’s end, I account to people and planet on my life and work. I dedicate my words, deeds and presence to catalyzing a compassionate civilization.

In 2016 my professional work included: teaching 46 international and national students in two courses - Strategic management, and Organizational and managerial development - at New York University (NYU) Graduate School of Public Service in NYC, and participating in the NYU Leadership Community of Practice; providing consulting services of designing, facilitating and editing in preparation for the UN Habitat III global conference on sustainable urban development; providing consulting services to the UNDP/University of Aruba Center of Excellence on Sustainable Development for the Small Island Developing States; advising Trusted Sharing (TS), a social media start up, including designing and facilitating a TS staff retreat and designing and facilitating several online, flextime TS conversations for my NYU students; submitting at their request a nomination for the 2017 Opus Award on servant leadership; preparing manuscripts for publication on a compassionate civilization, and on decentralizing governance; and marketing my services to the East-West Center and Lenoir-Rhyne University.

During 2016 my personal and family life included: making phone calls, canvassing and donating for the Bernie Sander’s primary campaign and the Hillary Clinton campaign; signing petitions and calling government officials to oppose the policies and appointments of the president-elect; donating to various social causes and charities; writing daily on social media; continuing to bi-locate in New York and North Carolina; caring for my spouse, family and friends; holding overnight Chickadee Camp for the grandkids; celebrating the completed life of our dog Lady; welcoming our new kitten, Mr. Chickabee; continuing thrice-weekly exercise at the gym; and continuing daily journaling and meditation.   

I am grateful for my life and work. I continue to explore and learn. I rededicate my life and work to making a difference for people and planet in 2017. This will include writing/publishing, activism, teaching, consulting, advising, loving my family and caring for my mind and body.

Onward toward a compassionate civilization moment by moment!
------------------
Photo above: My inspiring NYU Strategic Management class (minus one)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Enter your comments . . .